The Very Secret Sex Lives of Medieval Women by Rosalie Gilbert
An inside look at sexual practices in medieval times. Were medieval women slaves to their husband's desires, jealously secured in a chastity belt in his absence? Was sex a duty or could it be a pleasure? Did a woman have a say about her own female sexuality, body, and who did or didn’t get up close and personal with it? No. And yes. It’s complicated.
Romance, courtship, and behind closed doors. The intimate lives of medieval women were as complex as for modern women. They loved and lost, hoped and schemed, were lifted up and cast down. They were hopeful and lovelorn. Some had it forced upon them, others made aphrodisiacs and dressed for success. Some were chaste and some were lusty. Having sex was complicated. Not having sex, was even more so.
Inside The Very Secret Sex Lives of Medieval Women, a fascinating book about life during medieval times, you will discover tantalizing true stories about medieval women and a myriad of historical facts. Learn about:
- The true experiences of women from all classes, including women who made history
- The dos and don’ts in the bedroom
- Sexy foods and how to have them
- All you need to know for your wedding night, and well as insider medical advice
- How to get pregnant (and how not to), and more
- Publisher : Mango (October 27, 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 336 pages
- ISBN-10 : 164250307X
- ISBN-13 : 978-1642503074
- Item Weight : 12.8 ounces
- Dimensions : 5.4 x 0.8 x 8.4 inches