Dope Therapy: A Radical Guide to Owning Your Therapy Journey by Shani Tran
Seeking help is hard. Dope Therapy makes it easier.
For many people, there is fear and stigma associated with entering the therapy room. Maybe you’ve been told that going to therapy means something is wrong with you. Maybe you don’t know what to expect. Even if you recognize the benefits of seeking help, it can feel scary and unknown to take that first step. If you’ve thought about therapy but don’t know where to start, or if you’ve tried therapy in the past but it hasn’t helped, Dope Therapy is for you.
With humor and compassion, author and therapist Shani Tran validates the anxiety that can arise around seeking counseling and offers guidance for navigating the uncomfortable conversations that can come up in therapy. She is with you each step of the way, from finding the right therapist to determining when you’ve reached the end of your therapy journey. Get answers to your questions, including:
• Why isn’t therapy working?
• What if I don’t want to take medication?
• How do I deal with all these feelings?
• What will happen if I tell my therapist that I’m having suicidal thoughts?
• How do I break up with my therapist?
- Publisher : Alpha (August 23, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 288 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0744054931
- ISBN-13 : 978-0744054934
- Item Weight : 13.9 ounces
- Dimensions : 6.06 x 0.74 x 9.06 inches