The Science of Gardening: Discover How Your Garden Really Grows by Dr. Stuart Farrimond
Exploding myths and providing key takeaway advice for gardeners at any level, this book provides a shortcut to decades of gardening experience by explaining the science behind how a garden grows.
How often should I water my plants? What’s the most effective slug deterrent? Could I breed my own unique variety of flower? Do plants have intelligence? Does it really matter when and how I prune? And why is my compost heap so slimy? If you find yourself seeking the answers to these questions and many more, then this may be the book for you!
The world of gardening can be a mystifying place, with so many instructions to follow and often little explanation as to why. Dr Stuart Farrimond casts his scientific eye over the garden to answer all the horticultural questions you’ve ever wondered about.
Get your gardening gloves on and dive straight in to discover:
- An accessible guide structured around the life cycle of the garden, taking you from first shoots to pruning for renewal.
- An accessible Q &A format, with stats and infographics to bring the story to life, as well as long-held gardening myths are exploded by new science.
- Every way to greener fingers has action points so that you can understand the science, apply your gardening practice, and enjoy a flourishing garden.
From hands-on, practical advice, to an exploration of the mental health benefits of gardening, whilst also covering topics such as the positive impact gardening can have on the earth during a time of climate crisis, The Science of Gardening debunks myths, and reveals the latest science often only taught at horticultural college. As a passionate newcomer to gardening, daunted by the mountain of often conflicting advice in gardening manuals, Dr Stuart Farrimond has set about testing the scientific basis of so much conventional wisdom and practice so you too can garden like a pro.
A must-have gardening book for keen beginners with a passion for plants but who are daunted by the prospect of trawling through traditional gardening manuals for explanations, as well as experienced gardeners who are intrigued to find out the theory behind their practice and who want to improve on where they might be getting something wrong.
- Publisher : DK (March 7, 2023)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 224 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0744069629
- ISBN-13 : 978-0744069624
- Item Weight : 2.15 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.75 x 0.95 x 10.38 inches