The People Principle by Ron Willingham
- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: Griffin; First Edition edition (December 14, 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0312244908
- ISBN-13: 978-0312244903
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.7 x 8.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8.8 ounces
In the last decade, billions of dollars have been spent on process improvement and reorganization, most of which generally failed to achieve the desired increases in productivity. Sadly, the result was fear, distrust, paranoia, and low employee and manager morale.
Business's greatest blunder of the last decade has been the belief, backed by billions of dollars invested, that technology and organizational strategies would solve the problem of flat productivity. They didn't!
The reason is painfully simple. Those strategies overlooked the most basic factor in success: the productive potential of people. Processes and organizational strategies don't produce, people do. But they only do it in the right environment, with positive leadership.
The People Principle brings this powerful, simple, clear message to you, along with ways to lead people that promote creativity and high productivity.
In this book you'll learn:
* Why 80 percent of your people are performing far below their capabilities right now, and what to do about it
* How to create an environment in which people perform their best
* How to foster high achievement drive and motivation in your people
* Why ethical, value-driven behaviors are good for business
Whether you manage two people ot two thousand, in a cottage industry or a Fortune 500 company, Ron Willingham's book will help you maximize your employees' productivity and, in doing so, boost your career and your company's bottom line.