Lonely Planet Central America on a Shoestring by David Zingarelli
Series: LONELY PLANET CENTRAL AMERICA ON A SHOESTRING
- Paperback: 808 pages
- Publisher: Lonely Planet; 4th edition (May 1, 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1864501863
- ISBN-13: 978-1864501865
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 1.5 x 8 inches
Poised at the convergence of two continents, Central America lures the intrepid traveler with a centuries-old weave of unique cultural and environment forces. Whether you aim to explore ancient Mayan temples or worship the sun on Caribbean shores, climb to the summit of a smoldering volcano or dive amid spectacular coral reefs, this indispensable guide is your ticket to affordable adventure.
Covers: Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Panama.
- hundreds of options for saving money on the road
- the best spots for scuba diving, wildlife watching, jungle trekking and language study
- detailed coverage of the region's national parks and wildlife reserves
- up-to-date air, bus and ferry routs and schedules, including border information
- 110 detailed maps, including major Mayan archaeological sites