Here to Make Friends: How to Make Friends as an Adult by Hope Kelaher LCSW
Skip the small talk and learn how to build a supportive community, engage with new people, and cultivate authentic, long-lasting friendships at every stage of life.
**Foreword INDIE Awards 2020 GOLD Winner for Family & Relationships**
It sometimes seems like everyone has a big, happy, fulfilling social life, full of lifelong friendships...except you. As we grow older and school friendships fade, it can be difficult to meet new people and cultivate meaningful friendships. How do you strike up a conversation with a stranger? How do you move from mutual acquaintances to real friends?
Here to Make Friends has the answers to all of these questions and more. Written by a licensed therapist, this book is packed full of helpful advice and tips to overcome social anxiety and start building a stronger social circle, such as:
- Tips for moving past small talk
- Advice for getting out of your own head
- Suggestions for fun and memorable “friend dates”
- Strategies for connecting meaningfully with other people
- Publisher : Ulysses Press (January 28, 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 208 pages
- ISBN-10 : 164604004X
- ISBN-13 : 978-1646040049
- Item Weight : 6.4 ounces
- Dimensions : 5 x 0.8 x 7 inches