Decolonizing the Body: Healing, Body-Centered Practices for Women of Color to Reclaim Confidence, Dignity, and Self-Worth by Kelsey Blackwell
Powerful, body-based practices to help you reclaim confidence, dignity, and self-worth.
As a woman of color, you are more likely to experience oppression, discrimination, and physical or sexual violence in your lifetime. In addition, your family may have experienced generational trauma and systemic racism going back for centuries. This old and new trauma can manifest in both the mind and body. However, there are ways you can free yourself from this trauma, build confidence in yourself and your abilities, and restore your powerful sense of self.
Written by a woman of color for women of color, Decolonizing the Body offers proven-effective somatic, body-centered practices to help you heal from systemic oppression, trust the profound wisdom of your own body, and reconnect with your true self. And by slowing down, cultivating a daily ritual, and setting strong boundaries, you can reclaim your inherent dignity and worth--as well as those aspects of yourself that you may have cast aside in an effort to survive.
With this empowering guide, you'll discover:
- How bodies are colonized through systems of oppression
- Why slowing down is essential for healing
- How to listen to what your body needs
- How to create a space for ritual in your daily life
- How to strengthen feelings of capability
- How to cultivate community--starting with yourself
To decolonize the body is to become whole again, and to come home again. Let this book be your guide on this crucial journey.
- Publisher : New Harbinger Publications (March 1, 2023)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 184 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1648480616
- ISBN-13 : 978-1648480614
- Item Weight : 9.3 ounces
- Dimensions : 6 x 0.41 x 9 inches