Boba: Classic, Fun, Refreshing by Stacey Kwong
Satisfy your bubble tea cravings at home (and affordably)! Boba includes over 50 easy-to-follow recipes, mouthwatering photos, and the inspiring story of the women-owned business MILK+TEA.
No matter if you call it boba or bubble tea, this addictive drink that originated in Taiwan in the 1980s has taken the world by storm, with shops popping up on every corner and lines out all their doors.
Boba covers all the basics, from brewing tea and making your own tapioca balls (aka boba) to handcrafting sweeteners, syrups, toppings, and more with all-natural ingredients and no corn syrup. Each recipe includes a tantalizing photo and instructions for customizing to your preferred level of sweetness.
Learn how to make:
- Milk Teas (lactose-free Thai, black milk, and green milk teas)
- Fruit Teas (strawberry, mango, watermelon, kiwi, pineapple, pomelo, and cucumber teas)
- Specialty Drinks (with special ingredients including coconut milk, almond butter, taro root, and ice cream)
- Pomelo Slushie (green or black tea with Pomelo Jam and Simple Syrup)
- Lady Bug (black tea with Strawberry Syrup and Watermelon Syrup)
- Area 51 (green tea with Cucumber Syrup and Kiwi Syrup)
- Mint Tea Lemon Mojito (mint tea with Lemon Syrup, Simple Syrup, and mint leaves)
- Pink Panda (milk, Strawberry Syrup, and cookies-and-cream ice cream)
With yummy recipes, down-to-earth writing, a soothing design, and the entrepreneurial girl power of the MILK+T story—from the world’s first self-serve boba truck to three successful shops—Boba is the ultimate guide to this global phenomenon.
- Publisher : Rock Point (November 3, 2020)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 144 pages
- ISBN-10 : 163106715X
- ISBN-13 : 978-1631067150
- Item Weight : 1 pounds
- Dimensions : 6.75 x 0.8 x 8.5 inches